Sunday, February 1, 2009

Indecisive Decision Makers :)

Making decisions on behalf of someone is something which requires clarity of thoughts on the part of the decision maker. Operations research, well I am about to post graduate in it, teaches us decision making tools. Learning of these tools has inherent assumption that the learner is a rational thinker with a clarity of thought.
Now I start my life story, I was a gem of my parents' eyes ever since I first touched my course book. Marks and I seemed to have unbreakable bond, something which no parents would dislike. Then came the time for the first important decision of my life which was to select my stream after class 10th. If someone would have asked me this in class 9th I would have said "commerce". After class 10 results, it was "Science". God knows why I took this decision but I didn't care about it at that time. I did fairly well with science as studying was something I was always good at. Now after class 12 came another time for taking a decision. My friends, unlike me, took a decision that come whatever they would be doing engineering. I, as indecisive as I was in class 10, decided to join B.Sc. (my dream was to become an engineer or maybe something else:) ). With no less scores I passed my B.Sc. Now I was wondering "What Next". MBA was lucrative option but confused as ever I messed up my entrance exams only to land up in Operations Research where I found people who were no less indecisive than me. It seemed that God had collected all the indecisive people together to make them learn decision making tools. With economy in recession, we are indecisive about our future whether to do further studies or to look around for a job.
Certainly our clarity of thought is worth appreciating.....:) and I don't think it would be wrong to call us " indecisive decision makers".

1 comment:

Abhishek Rao said...

Superb man..very well written and although u r unsure about the decision u r going to make..I know whatever u'll do..u r going to excel in dat..so worry not

"jo aa raha hai usse aane do,sahi time pe sahi kaam aapne aap hoga" - Abhishek :)